“It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Big picture things that I’m focusing on…
I’m focused on 4 main things:
- Consistently working out whether that’s just 2x a week or when I’m working hard 5x a week.
- Consistently making time to grocery shop and prep meals.
- Consistently following a specific evening routing which ensures I properly rest and recharge for the next day
- Am I consistently blocking out time to have fun and enjoy it with friends and family and being unstructured?
The key ingredient is consistency and it’s especially important when it comes to your health. Without consistency you will not notice the fruits of your labours.
By adding consistency to everything I focus on I can ensure I make progress week over week with my goals and live a fulfilling life.
Check-In to Stay Consistent
When it comes to my health and fitness goals, my goal is to regularly check-in with myself.
Checking in with myself isn’t something I always did. But bringing more awareness not only to my goals but to the process of acheiving my goals has been very beneficial.
I check-in to make sure I’m on track with my progress but also that I’m enjoying the process. If I’m not enjoying the process it’s unlikely I’m going to stick to it.
Get clear and take action by writing down what you want
What are the daily habits that help you feel good and love your life?
How do you want to show up everyday at work? In your workouts? In your relationships?
If you truly want to make progress then write your answers down and work to make them a part of your daily habits each and every day. This is where success comes from. Clarity of where you want to go and then consistent incremental progress.
There is no one size fits all method either. It needs to work with your life, your schedule and your desires.
How can you start creating more consistency with your workout this week?
Here are some questions to ask which will help you create a plan:
- What is your current daily schedule? What time do you wake up? What is your morning routine like? How many hours are you at work?
- What are your activities after work? How long do those take?
- What is your free time in your day (after work, driving, eating, etc)? – Can you dedicate 20-60 minutes of activity for your own well being?
- What is a realistic amount of days per week you can get physical activity in?
- What are some of your favourite ways to get active? Is it a class? Walking with friends? Do you like the gym? Do you have a home gym? Figure out what it is and write it down.
- Do you like to be coached? Do you prefer to exercise alone? Do you need a workout plan? Click here to try my 15 minute workout plan.
I hope these questions help give you some clarity on what works for you to create a consistent schedule.
If you want something structured for you and enjoy being coached check out my online training options. I can design workouts for you either at home or at the gym. Whatever works better for your life.
If you would like to talk about a more indepth plan I am here to listen and offer some suggestions! Feel free to contact me below and see where your consistent plan can take you!
Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day 🙂